Wed 10th October at 7 pm
Pauline will run a bow set-up and maintenance workshop at the club on the 10th of October starting at 7pm. This event is free to attend for any member of Glasgow Archers but places are limited to 6 participants. To book your place, please email:
Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis. But don’t panic! Provided there is enough interest, another workshop will be organised soon.
Who is it for?
Mostly newer members who purchased a recurve bow in the last year but anyone interested is welcome to attend.
What will I learn?
The workshop will cover the following aspects of recurve bow set-up and maintenance:
- Bracing height and string maintenance
- Tillering and limb alignment
- Arrow rest and pressure button adjustment
- Nocking point set up (brass nocks and tied-on nocks)
- Balancing the bow and stabilisersGeneral care of kit
If any of the above sounds like a mystery to you, then book your place now!
We will make sure to finish the session early enough to give you time to shoot and test your new set-up.
What do I need?
You’ll need to bring:
- Bow and accessories
- Any Allen keys that came with your bow and accessories
- Paper and pen for notes (handouts will be provided)
If you have any of the following, you can also bring:
- Brass nocks and nock pliers
- Bow square
- String keeper or paperclip
- String wax
- Dental floss